Today I’d like to talk about how to turn prospects into customers and retain them for future marketing. While your marketing is doing its job, you need to work on turning those prospects into customers, a process called lead conversion. There are a few key ways to draw them in and seal the deal. You need to be:
The biggest fear of most new customers is the dreaded buyer’s remorse. You want to avoid this at all costs. It should be mitigated if you provide a quality product or service that delivers on the marketing claims you make.
Despite those efforts, buyer’s remorse can still occur. There are two ways to deal with it:
- Offer to refund money, no questions asked, if you fail to deliver on your promises.
- Offer a bonus they can keep even if they return the product.
These offers alone will mitigate buyer’s remorse because the customer will trust you more, just for offering these things which indicate your confidence in the value of what you deliver.
There are number of other ways to turn a prospect into a customer. Here are some common ones:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
- Offer a lower price with the reason of pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your kid’s braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love getting a sense that you are so much more human.
- Offer a referral incentive.
- Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
- Offer package deals.
- Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
- Offer extra incentives such as longer warranties or free bonuses if they order by a set date.
- Offer financing options, if applicable.
- Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
- Offer special packaging or delivery.
- Offer ‘name your own price’ incentives.
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
- Offer additional educational information to help them make the decision.
The options really are as limitless as you make them. You can use these or other ideas to find what works the best for your business, products/service and target market. Remember this…
‘By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.’ Jay Abraham
Need help with figuring out the best strategy for converting prospects into customers? Our FREE test drive gives you exclusive access to the mountain of resources and tools, along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds on Earth.